Data Use Policy
- Information we receive about you
- Your information
We receive a number of different types of information about you, including:
Your information is the information that's required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
- Registration information:
- Information you choose to share:
When you sign up for ZigAZigApp, you are required to provide information such as your name, email address, birthday, gender and city. In some cases, you may be able to register using other information.
Your information also includes the information you choose to share on ZigAZigApp, such as when you post a status update, upload a photo, or share a wish, hope, goal etc.
It also includes the information you choose to share when you communicate with us, such as when you contact us using an email address, or when you take an action, such as when you add a friend, accept a friend request, “add to your stuff” or “like” items, or view items and related links.
Your name, profile photo, gender, username, city, and date of birth are treated just like information you choose to make public. Your birthday allows us to remind your contacts of this important date.
When people use ZigAZigApp, they may store and share information about you and others that they have, such as when they upload and manage their invitations and contacts.
We also receive other types of information about you:
- We receive data about you whenever you use or are running ZigAZigApp, such as when you look at another person's profile pages, send or receive invitations, search for a friend or page, click on, view or otherwise interact with things, use a ZigAZigApp mobile app, or access hyperlinks.
- When you post things like photos on ZigAZigApp, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo.
- We receive data from or about the computer, mobile phone, or other devices you use to install ZigAZigApp apps or to access ZigAZigApp, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include network and communication information, such as your IP address or mobile phone number, and other information about things like your internet service, operating system, location, the type (including identifiers) of the device or browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS or other location information so we can tell you if any of your wishes are located nearby, or we could request device information to improve how our apps work on your device.
- We receive data whenever you visit an application or website that uses the ZigAZigApp platform or visit a site with a ZigAZigApp feature (such as a plug-in) sometimes through cookies. This may include the date and time you visit the site; the web address, or URL, you're on; technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use; and, if you are logged in to ZigAZigApp, your username.
- Sometimes we get data from our affiliates or our partners, customers and other third parties that help us (or them) deliver content, understand online activity, and generally make ZigAZigApp better. For example, an partner may tell us information about you (like how you responded to a link on ZigAZigApp or on another site) in order to measure the effectiveness of, and improve the quality of, links
We also put together data from the information we already have about you, your friends, and others, so we can offer and suggest a variety of services and features. For example, we may make friend suggestions, or recommendations for items for your own wishes, aims, goals and aspirations
We may put together your current city with GPS and other location information we have about you to, for example to offer deals to you in which you might be interested. We may also put together data about you to serve you content that might be more relevant to you. When we get your GPS location, we put it together with other location information we have about you (like your current city). But we only keep it until it is no longer useful to provide you services, like keeping your last GPS coordinates to send you relevant notifications.
We only provide data to our partners or customers after we have removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it, or have aggregated it with other people's data in a way that it no longer personally identifies you.
When we use the phrase "public information", we mean the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available.
- Information you choose to make public
- can be associated with you (i.e., your name, profile pictures, birthday, user name, etc.) even off ZigAZigApp;
- can show up when someone does a search on ZigAZigApp or on a public search engine;
- will be accessible to the ZigAZigApp-integrated applications, and websites you and your friends use; and
- will be accessible to anyone who uses our APIs
- Name: This helps your friends and family find you. If you are uncomfortable sharing your real name, you can always delete your account.
- Profile Pictures: These help your friends and family recognise you. If you are uncomfortable making any of these photos public, you can always delete them.
- Gender: This allows us to refer to you properly.
- Country and City: This allows others to identify you if you have chosen to not post a profile photo
Choosing to make your information “public” is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people off ZigAZigApp, will be able to see it. The Default setting is for your profile pages generally to be invisible- see sample screen shot below for information which is visible in the default “private” setting
Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
The types of information listed below are always publicly available, and they are treated just like information you decided to make public:
User names are a way to identify you on ZigAZigApp and is generally is some variation of your name.
If someone has your user name, they can use it to view your “public information” only on the ZigAZigApp.com website, but you must give permission for them to see your profile page and information generally.
The default setting for your profile page generally is set to “private” and only activated as public when either you send a friend invitation or accept a friend request. Alternatively, you can change the settings so that your profile page generally is visible to others whom you have not either invited or accepted as friends- follow the link here to find out how to do this
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, our partners, retail partners that have links via our site, and the developers that build the applications, and websites you use.
For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you wish to do and share, we may use the information we receive about you:
- as part of our efforts to keep ZigAZigApp products, services and integrations safe and secure;
- to protect ZigAZigApp's or others' rights or property;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of links with our partners;
- to make suggestions to you and other users on ZigAZigApp, such as: suggesting that your friend use our contact importer because you found friends using it, suggesting that another user add you as a friend because the user imported the same email address as you did:
- to alert you to wishes, hopes, goals etc added by your friends and contacts and similarly when those wishes, hopes goals etc have been marked as achieved;
- to alert you to a forthcoming key date (eg birthday) of your friends;
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
- received your permission;
- given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
- removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it.
Granting us permission to use your information not only allows us to provide ZigAZigApp as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted. For certain categories of data, we may also tell you about specific data retention practices.
We may enable access to information in the public domain that has been shared through our services.
We may allow service providers to access information so they can help us provide services.
If you want to stop using your account, you can either deactivate or delete it.
Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. Other users will no longer see your profile pages, but we do not delete any of your information. Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future. You can deactivate your account by following this link
Your friends will still see you listed in their list of friends while your account is deactivated.
When you delete your account, it is permanently deleted from ZigAZigApp. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days.
You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. You can delete your account by following this link
Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device. Pixels are small blocks of code on web pages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a web page and often are used in connection with cookies.
We use technologies like cookies, pixels, and local storage (like on your browser or device, which is similar to a cookie but holds more information) to provide and understand a range of products and services. We use these technologies to do things like:
- make ZigAZigApp easier or faster to use;
- enable features and store information about you (including on your device or in your browser cache) and your use of ZigAZigApp;
- monitor and understand the use of our products and services; and,
- protect you, others and ZigAZigApp.
For example, we may use these tools to know you are logged in to ZigAZigApp, to help you use social plug-ins and function buttons, or to know when you are interacting with our partners.
We may ask advertisers or other partners to serve ads or services to computers, mobile phones or other devices, which may use a cookie, pixel or other similar technology placed by ZigAZigApp or the third party (although we would not share information that personally identifies you with an advertiser).
Cookies and things like local storage help make ZigAZigApp work, like allowing pages to load faster because certain content is stored on your browser or by helping us authenticate you to deliver personalised content.
Refer to your browser or device's help material to learn what controls you can often use to remove or block cookies or other similar technologies or block or remove other data stored on your computer or device (such as by using the various settings in your browser). If you do this, it may affect your ability to use ZigAZigApp or other websites and app.